Winter Warmer – 10 Spice Vegetable Soup with Cashew Cream
- Tuesday, 13 August 2019 10:42
This 10 spice vegetable soup with cashew cream
by Angela Liddon is one of our favourite Winter Warmers
3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked
6 cups Vegetable broth
2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic
1 sweet or yellow onion, diced
3 medium carrots, chopped
1 1/2 cups peeled and chopped sweat potato
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 can 400ml diced tomatoes with their juices
1 tblsp 10 spice blend (see below)
Fine grain sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
2 bay leaves
2 cups baby spinach
1 can 400ml can chickpeas
Prep time : 30 minutes – Cook time: 30 minutes
Gluten free, soy-free, grain free
- In a blender, combine the soaked and drained cashews with 1 cup of vegetable broth and blend on the highest speed until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and saute for 3-5 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the carrots, bell pepper, potato, celery, diced tomatoes with their juices, remaining 5 cups broth, the cashew cream, and the 10 spice blend. Stir well to combine. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Season with salt and black pepper and add the bay leaves.
- Simmer the soup, uncovered, for at least 20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Season with salt and black pepper. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, stir in the spinach. and remove and discard the bay leaves before serving
10 spice blend
Combine all ingredients in a medium jar. Secure lid and shake to combine.
2 tblsp smoked paprika
1 tblsp of garlic powder, dried oregano, onion powder, dried basil, white pepper and cayenne pepper
1 1/2 fresh ground pepper
2 tsp dried thyme
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
PE Nation – Coast Rider Collection
- Monday, 15 July 2019 00:41
P.E Nation Coast Rider Collection launches in July and gosh are we excited. This season, fashion favours the bold and there’s a winning combo. A neon pink performance fabric tee, teamed back with high performance legs. PE Nation high performance legs hug and contour your body. Designed to move with your body in any and every sweat session.
P.E Nation, which is the go-to for active-streetwear with an effortless tomboy disposition, has elevated it’s take on athleisure this season. The label is blurring the lines and sportswear is the new norm.
In this range you will find playful customised prints feature heavily across the range. An all over graffiti print pleated mid-length skirt styled back with their classic tank and a sneaker for the sportluxe look and as always lots nostalgic influences throughout the range.
Coast Rider is for the girl that gets up early, stays up late. She’s flipping from hardcore active to high fashion active-street, all-day everyday. Its time to pep up your activewear rotation! Shop Now
Active April – Pop Up Pilates Class At Move Athletica
- Wednesday, 03 April 2019 09:25
Move with us, be energised, burn some calories before those Easter treats arrive at our Pop Up Pilates Class with guest Mat Pilates instructor Emily Zuesse.
Emily is an empowering ball of energy who currently teaches Hot Pilates and Bikram Yoga, at “Upstate Yoga” and her high-energy and playful style will having you coming back for more.
On the night she will take you through a 45 minute strong Pilates sequence focusing on the Obliques so be prepared to embrace the burn!
Followed with a VIP discount shopping night + goodie bag and of course some post work out bubbles.
It’s time to book your spot.
When:Thursday 11th April
Where: In Store Move Athletica Barwon Heads Store
Bookings required, limited spaces available, Mat supplied.
Book in store or Online Book Your Spot
Natural Harry – Rosemary & Wild Orange Magic Mousse
- Tuesday, 08 January 2019 09:43
3 Cups (450g) Sweet Potato, peeled and diced
1/4 Cup (65ml) Coconut Yogurt (you can replace this with coconut cream)
1/4 Cup (65ml) Maple Syrup (replace with stevia drops if you like)
1/3 Cup (50g) Cocao Powder
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Powder (replace with fresh banilla bean if you cannot find powder)
1 Pinch of Salt
5 Drops doTERRA Wild Organge Essential Oil
1 Drop doTERRA Rosemary Essential Oil
2 Teaspoons of Orange Zest
1 Teaspoon Cacao Nibs
1 Stalk Fresh Rosemary (Decoration – not going to be tasty to eat)
- Line a metal slice tin with baking paper and place in the freezer.
- Steam sweet potato until soft. Combine steamed sweet potato with all remaining ice cream ingredients in a blender or food processor, process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into baking paper lined tray and place in the freezer for a minimum 4 hours to set.
- Remove from the freezer. Break into chunks, add to your food processor and blend until smooth.
- Scoop into bowls, top with your choice of toppings and serve immediately.
You can find more delicious down to earth planted based whole food recipes on the natural harry website, and Harriet’s Cookbook, Whole.
JESSICA SEPELS – HEALTHY CHRISTMAS BARK RECIPE
- Monday, 03 December 2018 06:19
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
2/3 cup raw cacao powder
1 tbsp tahini
3 tbsp sweetener of choice (raw honey, maple syrup or rice malt syrup)
Pinch of sea salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
1/4 cup goji berries
2-3 tbsp shredded coconut
- Combine the melted coconut oil, raw cacao powder, tahini, sweetener, sea salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- Line a small baking pan with baking paper and pour the mixture into a baking pan. Top the mixture with chopped pistachios, goji berries and shredded coconut.
- Cover with cling wrap and freeze flat for 20-30 minutes or until the chocolate is set.
- Break apart and serve.
Note: Store in a fridge or freezer.
You can find more of Jess’s delicious recipes in her cookbooks which we sell inshore at Geelong and Barwon Heads.
Photo Credit: jessicasepel.com