Zone Cork Yoga Mat - Surfs Up
- Unit Price
For the surfing yogi
"You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf". ~John Kabat-Zinn
The Surfs Up Yoga Mat is designed for everyone to bring the soothing energy of the waves to you, whether that is practising your pop up, connecting to the ocean, or learning how to ride the waves of life through Yoga, movement and mindfulness.
At ZONE we create eco-friendly yoga mats, made from 100% sustainable cork leather and natural rubber. The rubber and the cork layers are adhered to each other using a high temperature machine, without the use of glues or harsh chemicals.
The cork surface has a smooth and natural feel with medium grip. The rubber surface is perfect for those that love an extra grippy yoga mat. The combination of guideline down the centre of the surfboard outline will help you find perfect alignment, whether it’s for yoga, or improving your surf pop-up!
So, close your eyes, imagine your favourite surf break and taste the salt in the air as you move into your ZONE.
The ZONE yoga mats are larger than your average yoga mat, measuring 183cm x 68cm x 3.5mm thickness.
Why should I use a cork yoga mat?
Cork is a natural and highly sustainable material. It also contains suberin, a waxy, grippy substance that is released when wet which makes it a perfect material for yoga mats as your grip will increase as you sweat!
Is cork anti-bacterial?
Yes! Cork is naturally antimicrobial which means that it suppresses the growth of micro-organisms such as mould or bacteria and naturally repels dust, dirt, and grease.
The end result is the PERFECT, NATURAL, CORK YOGA MAT that is:
◦ Easy to clean and naturally antibacterial
◦ Non-toxic, PVC, latex and phthalate free
◦ Eco-friendly, renewable and durable
PLUS the eco-conscious packaging is kind to the Earth and plastic free. Your yoga mat will arrive in a ship ready bio-degradable packaging tube keeping packaging to a minimum, whilst protecting your yoga mat.
How to use your cork yoga mat:
◦ Position your ZONE yoga mat on a flat surface. You can practice on either the cork or rubber surface depending on your practice and grip preference. For fine tuning alignment, use the guide lines on our cork side.
◦ If you're using the cork side, we recommend using a yoga mat spray with essential oils to lightly moisten your mat before practicing and initiate the suberin in the cork for the ultimate non slip experience. The grip will increase as you sweat.
◦ For an advanced grip option, use the rubber side.